Sunday, January 17, 2010

hope you're sitting down...I'm actually posting something on the blog

No one will be blown away by this post, but just wanted to post some new pictures of Leah that I took today after church. We've got the "get Leah into nursery" count down to 2 months and boy are we keeping track! By the time I'm done with the young women, Michael is usually ready to kill Leah. Today he decided that by noon she was at "defcom 5". He's a saint - the third hour is obviously the hardest!
I have to secretly admit that this blog post is really here just to show my mom the dress I made Leah. It was supposed to be her Christmas dress, but I obviously didn't get it done in time. Then, last week when I finally worked on the dress I planned to make (and I was even going to follow a pattern this time!), it didn't work out. Last night after deciding I didn't have anything to put on Leah for church, I took that dress apart and remade it into this. I love pleats on a little girl...

I just wish Leah would've turned around and faced me while I had the camera ready. She was beyond control though, with a desperate need for both lunch and a nap. She got both soon after our photo shoot and everyone here at the Brown house is much happier now.

5 comments:

  1. I am very impressed. I don't think I could make up patterns the way that you do! Emily wore her brown dress today and it looked great. I took some pictures for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she looks so cute in her dress. I'm very impressed with your talent. I think it has been forever since I have seen pictures of her and she looks so much bigger.

    I think children should start nursery before 18 months. it is painful for the parents. But of course since we have been called to teach the junior nursery maybe I will rethink that comment. I hope I get to see you guys one of these days!
    ~meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. BeccaLou: I am SOOOO impressed with your domesticity! Your little one is so cute, and you've obviously got some talents in the design & production of little girl clothes! Way to go....
    Auntie Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. excuse me that dress is so dang cute! you are quite the little dress maker

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Leah is the best dressed girl at church! Good job on the dress, Bec. Leah is getting so grown up. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete