Saturday, July 3, 2010

Date night




Michael left on Tuesday afternoon to evacuate planes for the impending hurricane that never stopped by our house. I had the pleasure of taking care of our children while sick with a virus (so glad I'm not a single mom!!!). It made it a little of a challenging week. So when Michael returned on Friday morning, I decided we (I) needed a date night. We even left Ian with the babysitter for the first time. It was a real treat to be alone. We had dinner at Rudys Bbq (and wished the Arthurs were with us!) and played putt putt (and wished the arthurs were with us again). Meeshell beat me (obviously) but I wasn't that far behind him.




Then we got ice cream at Sonic, where we saw a possum run into a tree in front of our car. I think I've watched 'Ice Age' a few too many times with Leah because embarassingly enough, I asked Michael if possums walked on two legs or four. He explained to me that in real life, they walk on four legs and they don't talk either. Yikes- turn the tv off becca.




(can you spy michaels legs in this picture? He's trying to shake the possum out of the tree so he can see him again. Strange.)


All in all, it was a fun date and a great way to spend a Friday night.

1 comment: