Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Beach to Bay 2009

Michael and I both ran in the Beach to Bay Marathon Relay this year in Corpus. It's held here every year and is actually quite popular. I had never run in a relay before, and to be perfectly honest, I didn't like that part of it too much. I like to run and races are always exciting, but the idea that I have this whole team depending on me made it a bit more stressful. Of course, that might be because I didn't really train (too busy sightseeing in Washington DC and going on a cruise to do that!) . I ran on a team of spouses from Michael's work and Michael ran on a team of his co-workers. Michael's team did really well, finishing in the top of their division, the military catagory. I think they came in third place, with a time of 3 hours and like 2 minutes or so (I can't really remember exactly, but it was just barely over 3 hours). My team didn' t do too bad, with a time of four hours and 6 minutes or something close to that. Quite a difference in our times, huh?

1 comment: