Sunday, October 18, 2009

our little spring chicken

Michael's work had a Halloween party for the kids yesterday so we were happy to dress Leah up and go. We're going to miss our party at church and the actual Halloween celebration because we'll be in Florida (I can't wait to see you Jenn!!!), so I was glad we had this party to go to.

I was originally going to make Leah a ladybug costume, but after receiving so many orders for them on etsy, I just couldn't bear to make another one. And this little chicken costume was quite easy. The only problem was that it made huge mess everywhere we went. Michael had to clean up after us when we left the party.

This looks a little bit like a smile, but it's the beginnings of her getting upset. I think her little molars are coming in and it's no fun for any of us! She screamed when I put the costume on her at home, but she was pretty good at the party.

Here is a real smile from the chicken. I think she liked all of the attention she got at the party. I don't know how kids catch on to stuff like that so quickly!

3 comments:

  1. that is a great costume!! She looks great. I hope you are taking it to FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Becca, I'm laughing so hard. Best chicken ever! I love the rubber gloves for feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable chicken costume.

    ReplyDelete