Sunday, October 18, 2009

so depressed to be away from YPG!

We were lucky enough to go see Liz and her family last weekend in Arizona for little Stephen's blessing. It was a great time!! We started off the trip with a day and a half in San Diego (where I saw Shawna and little Shane, but I didn't get a picture of our meet up!! It was so fun, Shawna!). We went to this great park and the kids had a great time playing. Leah was practicing her walking skills with her Papa.

Here is an upside down picture of little Stephen. I was able to get him to sleep so he didn't interrupt any of our girl time (with Mom and Liz, after Catherine already left). He's such a pretty baby.

We went back to Yuma Proving Ground after our time in San Diego. We all loved it there! It's a really small base where the kids kind of have free reign to play and go wherever they want. We had a great time. Even Michael was able to join us by flying a cross country to the marine base in Yuma. We played lots of games and had really good food. I even discovered that unlike I thought, Leah is a good eater. I came to the conclusion that she just doesn't like my cooking, which is why she's such a picky eater at home.

This is a picture of us at the Cactus Cafe, the bowling alley at the YPG. I'm sad to report that I came in last. Yes, below even the 3 year old's score. I always thought I wasn't half bad at bowling. I've since changed my opinion.

We even had time (at the sacrifice of sleep) to set up a make shift bow making sweat shop. We had lots of fun, and I was quite sad to come back to Corpus Christi. I don't understand why we can't all live close to each other anymore. And it's only going to get worse (here we come China!!).

5 comments:

  1. I am depressed that you are not here!! Also- that is a terrible pic of me making bows. I hope if I buy a bowdabra, I will not be forced to look that bad all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not nearly as bad a picture as Liz thinks. Also, I think it's stupid to live far apart. (And I don't even have sisters!)

    Darling chicken costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Leah looks so dang cute in that chicken outfit! Please Please bring it to Florida we can't wait to see you guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when all of the Sanders are together too. Are you guys going to China?

    ReplyDelete