Thursday, July 30, 2009

dinner in 30 minutes or less...

So, we all know I'm not much of a cook, but here is a picture of dinner I made a few weeks ago with only 30 minutes of prep time. Mostly because Michael called and said he was coming home and he was hungry. So I kind of threw something together. Doesn't it look delicious (the white washed out things are slices of bread toast)? Unfortunately, it wasn't. Apparently the pork that you buy that costs 57 cents for 8 pounds (or almost that cheap anyway) doesn't taste very good. Even if you put curried mango grill sauce on it. Michael was a good sport and finished his. I did not...

4 comments:

  1. don't feel bad, that is about the luck I have if I ever try to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coulda fooled me! It looks good. And I can't believe you and all that wheat! Good for you, you need to give me some guts to do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner LOOKS really good...that's usually how it is at our house. The meal's great, and then we take a bite! Me and my darn experiments. Good luck in your pioneer ways--Andrew has given me the go-ahead on food storage, so I will be doing more experiments in my kitchen too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca I am proud of you, look you made dinner!!! When I get back to the U.S maybe we can get together some time and I'll teach you how to cook Honduran food, since Mitchel said he really liked it or maybe he was trying to be nice to me.

    ReplyDelete