Sunday, July 26, 2009

on my way to being a real pioneer

My very own Wondermill


So, in my quest to be a real pioneer, I recently purchased a wheat grinder. I also got many many buckets of wheat. Because that's what pioneers do. Anyway, I actually grinded (or do you say ground here? I think it's ground...) some wheat. It was amazing. And when I served whole wheat pancakes to the missionaries for dinner a couple of weeks ago, I think they were pretty impressed to hear it was freshly ground wheat.


I know Leah looks a bit like a demon here, but I wanted to demonstrate how excited she was that her mom was grinding wheat.


My beautiful bucket of wheat. I've got lots of these - stuffed in all the closets in my house. If that isn't pioneer-ish, I don't know what is!! I think my pioneer training is almost complete.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know that all I need is buckets of wheat (check), my own wheat grinder (check), and some freshly ground flour (check) to be a pioneer. I'm there and didn't even know it! Let me know what else I need! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed! I've never owned a wheat grinder nor have I ever really wanted one. I figure I'll just suck on the wheat till it's good and soft. Not very tasty but enough to keep me alive...but then again sometimes I wonder if I really want to live if I have to grind my own wheat and make my own bread. Doing it for fun would be entirely different but if I HAD to do it...not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm quite impressed also that not only do you own a wheat grinder but that you have actually used it. Good for you! But I think I might agree with your friend Rennie that I might not want to live in a world where I have to grind my own wheat. I guess I need to find a friend closer by with a wheat grinder just in case though. ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete