Friday, January 28, 2011

today


I snapped a couple of pictures today because I realized I really don't take that many pictures of my little ones on a day to day basis. I think that will become something that I may regret, so I'm going to work on fixing that. As for the blog, I'm going to try and be a bit more diligent. Maybe I can post more than once every four months. For now we're doing really well. We're trying to get our house ready to put up for sale, in preparation for our move to Washington DC in the summer. We'll spend a year in the DC area and then it's off to China for 3 years. Maybe I'll have really interesting things to post about then. We'll see.

Just so I can keep track of it (because I literally have no memory), Ian is 8 and a half months old and is scooting around, or rather dragging himself where he wants to go. He has 2 teeth on the bottom, and he loves to eat! Incidentally, I think he's eaten more in his 8 months of life than Leah has in her 28 months of life. He loves it and it shows. He's much bigger than she was at this age. Leah is able to count to 10 in both english and chinese. Her english is edging out her chinese right now (just barely) thanks to her mother's day out program. Everywhere we go in the car, she looks out the window and warns me when there's a "big truck." And not to be too sappy, I love those two little children more than I could have ever thought was possible. Rocking Ian to sleep tonight (because he was WAY over the edge) was so wonderful. Having children is such a blessing from the Lord. I hope to have lots more. : )

2 comments:

  1. oh Becca can I just tell you how proud of you I am? I really enjoyed reading your posts. But, it made me shed a little tear. Sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for new posts! Isn't it amazing how much love you can feel for such tiny little people? I shamefully get sappy all the time on my blog. I blame it on post-baby syndrome.

    ReplyDelete