Monday, February 7, 2011

shake what zumama gave you...

So, with it being just barely February, I'm still working on my new year's resolutions (although I have less than a perfect record thus far, I keep climbing back on the horse when I fall off, or rather when I stay in bed). One of those resolutions obviously includes becoming more healthy, fit or skinny, however you want to label it. We have a great zumba studio here in Corpus called ZuMama Fitness that I really like going to. They're pretty hard core here. I realized this when during one of my first classes a couple of the girls pulled on a (no kidding!) belly dancing scarf, adorned with chimes and coins and sparkling diamonds and whatever else you put on a belly dancing scarf. What in the world?? It was pretty awesome. I ridiculed (in my mind) this idea until tonight when I thought perhaps this scarf could help me to shake what my mama gave me with a little more power or vigor or whatever. So, I looked on the internet to get a picture (no, not to buy one. How could I ever begin to explain that purchase to good old Mee-shell???) and found a fantastic quote.

"This scarf is great for Belly Dancing, Zumba or casually wearing with jeans, skirts, swimwear or with just about anything." That is what this website said. Seriously. You know I've lost it when I start thinking I can wear one of these puppies over my jeans or "with just about anything". I'm really going to miss this place when we leave. And I honestly am going to miss my zumama classes. The instructors are great there. And just so you don't worry, I'll be sure to post a picture of that if I ever get one. You never know....

2 comments:

  1. You could wear it to church and also use it to help the Primary kids keep up with the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Called you today but you just weren't there. Wanted you to know that I didn't workout at all today...

    ReplyDelete