Sunday, February 8, 2009

leah-burrito


Note to new moms: the best way to get your baby to sleep for long periods of time (at least at our house) is to wrap them up as tightly as possible before putting them to bed. Before Leah was born, I read all about this technique in the book, "The Happiest Baby on the Block". While the author of this book recommends swaddling babies until they are at least 3 months old, we have continued to do it simply because it works. Leah knows that when "the straight-jacket" comes out it's time for bed. I'm pretty sure we'll still be doing it when she's 15. I better get some bigger blankets.

1 comment:

  1. Becca good suggestion. Maybe I need to get some blankets? quilts? for my teenagers! Maybe then they'd just be quiet and go to bed! ha-ha! Leah is darling--I'm so glad to have you updating your blog so I can keep up with her growth.
    ~Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete