Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bernice, oh Bernice...


For those who may be wondering, yes, Bernice used to be a lovely shade of pink. She used to be just as fluffy and full as the new Bernice pictured here. She is so loved. Leah needs her everywhere. Leah will hug her tight and announce, "hug Bernice" as she's doing it. If she drops Bernice, she'll quickly pick her up and say "I sorry Bernice. You okay Bernice? You okay?"

I was naturally excited when we found a "new" Bernice at the mall a couple of weeks ago. Without even thinking about the cost, I snatched up two new Bernices and promptly hid one away when we got home. I was kind of hoping we could retire the old Bernice and bring the new one on as her replacement. I mean, it's embarrassing to carry the old dingy one around. Gross. Unfortunately, Leah now wants the old Bernice and sometimes the new Bernice at the same time. Leah is not being fooled. She's just a companion Bernice, not a replacement. Oh well. I guess I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment