Wednesday, May 11, 2011

happy {sniff, sniff} birthday Ian

Dear Ian,

Today was your first birthday. I cried about it a little last night. Your dad didn't quite understand why. I just don't know why time has to go by so quickly. I feel like we're on fast forward mode. I want life to slow down so I can take the time to cherish all of the moments I have with you and Leah and your daddy. I think it's special to have your birthday so close to mother's day each year. Last year, you were born on the Monday after mother's day. I think you're just about the best gift I could ever get and I'm glad to be reminded of it on your birthday.

XOXO
your mom

ps - you've got to stop eating soap. How will I ever cure the potty mouth you're sure to have later on (thanks to your father, I'm sure) if you have developed the taste for soap? And I won't even go into the grossness factor of putting your mouth in the bathwater....

No comments:

Post a Comment