Wednesday, May 11, 2011

the hair massacre, eh, cut

I decided today that my children needed haircuts....today. I got a bee in my bonnet about it (why??? who knows?) and took them to the salon on base. I didn't know quite what to expect. Leah, along with Bernice's help, did great. She did look so grown up sitting in the chair by herself. She just got an easy trim, to cut off all of the scraggly ends. Easy peasy.

I wish I could say the same for Ian...

Before

and After.

This picture doesn't quite do it justice. His hair looks busted. It was a bit of an ordeal, though, since he basically didn't stop moving the entire time. I held him in my lap, trying to distract him with pictures on my phone. It didn't work. But the girl was a trooper and kept going. It actually wasn't too bad (although at one point as I looked on the floor and saw all of his curls laying there, I felt instant regret and wanted to cry a little) until she got the razor trimmers out. Since I hadn't taken a child for a haircut ever, I didn't realize it was at this point that I should have spoken up and said, "no thanks." I wanted his mullet to be gone, but I didn't necessarily want him to look like he had had a haircut. The razor trimming didn't go well, as the noise of it bothered him and he kept moving his head about. It ended up very straight and blunt near his ears and on the back of his neck. The good news is that it grows back. I have a lock of his curls saved so I can remember my sweet curly haired baby when he's all grown up.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becca! I haven't blogged or checked blogs in forever, but I made an attempt tonight & I'm so glad I stopped by yours. You always make me laugh. Poor Ian got a high and tight! At 1 year old! And Leah's hair is so long now. They are both so big now!

    ReplyDelete