Wednesday, May 11, 2011

the birthday partay


Our sweet Ian turned one and we decided to keep it nice and low-key with a cake and a candle. My mother informed me that now was the time to establish with my children that birthday parties consist of our family and a cake and some balloons. The balloons didn't quite happen this year, but if Ian asks, I'll have to cover for myself.


Looking pretty interested in the candle on top. He doesn't get the whole blowing out thing, so Leah and I helped him. I was surprised to see that Leah knew to blow it out.

No, it's not a number one cake (sorry Elizabeth!) or a pirate cake or a dinosaur cake. It actually more closely resembles a wedding cake. It was the best I could do last minute (when I decided today at naptime to figure out what kind of cake to make for the party tonight).

Ian is a big fan of cake so I knew this was going to be a no-brainer for him.

It didn't take long for him to dig right in. This is one of the reasons that I think he's so awesome.

Don't you love the crossed legs??

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Red velvet cake + cream cheese frosting + red sprinkles = a very pink and sticky Ian


After a much needed bath, we got down to the real birthday business: unwrapping presents.

He didn't quite get it, but Leah was kind enough to "help" Ian unwrap all of his gifts and steal them to play with herself. Big sisters are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment