Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter 2011.....please be kind


Ok, before I start on this post, you have to know a couple of things:

1 - Leah needs a haircut (like nobody's business). I am aware of this, and hope to fix it soon (we'll see...)

2 - This is the first thing that I've made for my little boy. You must know that I love it (the night I finished it, I just sat back and looked at it over and over again and kind of giggled to myself. Lame, I know, but true.). With that being said, I am fully aware that it is very close to being too girly for a little boy. So don't you just sit there in your computer chair, thinking to yourself, "Wow, look what Becca is dressing her son in." I know, I know. And it has lots of issues that could be repaired. Like the elastic in the back is pretty much big enough for Michael's waistband, not Ian's. I know. It may be hard to look at the pictures and see what I see, but just know that I love it, flaws and all.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, here are the pictures of our little ones' Easter outfits. After hunting down Ian's outfit, we staged a little photo shoot last week. I don't think Leah could understand why none of the eggs had candy in them. I was kind enough to take all of the candy out of the eggs on Easter night after bedtime. No one who lives at this house (under age 3) needs that much candy at their fingertips. She keeps looking though. Good luck Leah.

So I also made Leah's dress. I used a pretty easy tutorial I found online and I think this is the most "un-handmade looking" dress that I've ever made. Score one for me (especially after Ian's Holly Hobby dungarees). I'm pretty proud. Leah called it her princess dress and enjoyed twirling in it. After eating her lunch in it today, I'm kind of rethinking the whole silk fabric choice. Hmm...


I just can't get enough of that little face. He's really getting big. It's sort of breaking my heart, but I'm trying hard (kind of) to not be that crazy mom who doesn't want her kids to ever leave her or grow up.

Leah is always kind enough to show Ian the ropes. These two play together lots, if playing together means Leah stealing all of Ian's toys and yelling "mine!!". She's got it down to an art form.

Even Bernice got in on the photography action. Leah laid her nicely down on the rocks and then said "smile, Bernice, smile" over and over again. I loved it. What else could I do but take a picture?

1 comment: