Tuesday, October 2, 2012

our house

 Here are a couple of pictures from our house here in Beijing.  This is all embassy furniture and the pictures were taken before our shipment of stuff arrived.  Right now, the living room is full of boxes and things that need to be put away, somewhere.  I'm working on making this all feel like our home.


 It's a nice big house and we feel very fortunate (mostly to have double sinks in the master bath, finally!) but it sure needs some work before it feels like home to us.  We ordered a couple of pieces of furniture yesterday (custom built) and they should be here by the end of October.  I will post some more pictures then and hopefully, will be more happy with how things look.  In the very least, I'm hoping to be rid of all the boxes by then.


4 comments:

  1. It looks really nice. Keep sending pics...I want you to know that all of the books are put away on shelves and 2 boxes are left- just the ones in the sewing/toy room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that stairway, Becca! So glad that you guys have made it and are doing well. I have been checking your blog anxiously for awhile! (Speaking of blogs, I need to update mine...) Those little grocery carts sure look like fun! But awful for you, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca!!! I miss your face! Please come back to the USA! ;) house looks amazing. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures! Call me soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all so exciting. I can't wait to hear more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete